January 22, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

To satisfy my day-to-day sweet cravings (especially at nights after dinner), I decided to bake some oatmeal cookies at home. I wanted it to be a healthy recipe too! (to keep my alter-ego shut :-)) So, here's my recipe for delicious oatmeal-raisin cookies that can be served as a good snack with evening tea/coffee.




Ingredients
Oats - 1 cup (I used old-fashioned quaker oats)
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup (I used annapurna atta)
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Raisins - 1/2 cup (can be replaced with chocolate chips)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup (I used jaggery as substitute as I ran out of brown sugar)
Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp

Method
Grease a baking tray with butter / oil and set aside.

In a bowl mix wheat flour, all purpose flour, rolled oats, cinnamon powder, baking powder and baking soda  together.

In a big bowl, cream butter and sugar with a hand whisk. Add brown sugar & vanilla extract and mix well.

Transfer the dry ingredients and mix again until everything gets blended well.

Stir in the raisins and mix until uniformly distributed.

Take a small piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten each ball slightly with the help of your palms and place on the prepared tray.


Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.


Yummy & crispy oatmeal raisin cookies are ready to taste. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee/tea & satisfy your simple sweet cravings :)


No comments :

Post a Comment